- The Post-Doctoral funding is granted for a period of two years.
- To apply for these fellowships, institutions must be registered with the AXA Research Fund. The AXA Research Fund does not accept unsolicited applications from individual applicants.
- Please note that although a given candidate may be presented twice by the same institution, they cannot submit the same proposal twice.
- Applications must be submitted by the research institution to which the candidate’s host laboratory belongs, and where the post-doctoral work is to be carried out.
1. First Round: Selection of institutions
The operational contact fills in the form in which the fields the institution wants to propose candidates on the AXA Research Fund’s application website.
Opening: October 18th, 2013; Closing: November 15th, 2013 at noon (Paris Time GMT +1)
2. Second Round: Submission of Outline proposal and pre-selection:
a. Internal selection of candidates by the Institution: The operational contact submits the names and emails of the pre-selected candidates.
Opening: November 25th, 2013; Closing: December 16th, 2013 at noon (Paris Time GMT +1)
b. Submission of the outline proposals: candidates are provided with an access to the application platform to submit their outline proposals.
Opening: December 17th, 2013; Closing: January 9th, 2014 at noon (Paris Time GMT +1)
3. Third round: Submission of Full proposal and selection
a. Submission of Full proposals: Pre-selected candidates are invited to submit a full proposal on the application website.
Opening: February 13th, 2014; Closing: March 13th, 2014 at noon (Paris Time GMT +1)
b. Interview by AXA experts: Pre-selected candidates are interviewed to assess their ability to popularize and share their research with non academics..
Opening: March 13th, 2014 ; Closing: April 8th, 2014 at noon (Paris Time GMT +1)
c. Rebuttal phase: Pre-selected candidates are given the opportunity to answer to the evaluation performed, to correct factual errors or misunderstandings.
Opening: April 21th, 2014; Closing: April 28th, 2014 at noon (Paris Time GMT +1)
4. Review of applications
- Review by international referees
- Final selection by the Scientific Board of the AXA Research Fund
5. Selection criteria
- Academic excellence of the candidate
- International exposure of the candidate
- Relevance of the Host laboratory for the research project
- Innovative nature and originality of the project
- Feasibility of the project (management, organization, budget).
- Ability to transmit his/her work and popularize his/her research. While not eliminatory, this criterion may differentiate between two candidates with equal level of academic excellence.
- By international exposure, we mean (a) Change of institution and/or country between current institution of applicant and targeted postdoc position or (b) Minimum of 1 semester spent abroad since Master’s thesis or planned in the course of upcoming postdoc studies. It is expected that most of the selected candidates move to another country between current and targeted postdoc position. Such international mobility is more valued than national mobility. Where a candidate remains in the same institution for the postdoc fellowship, it is required a clear justification of such a decision.
6. Communication of results of the campaign on June 10th, 2014